Call us today 0800 049 2062
continuing healthcare funding

Council Care Homes – Who Pays?

  • Am I Eligible For Funding?

    Take our FREE survey now to find out

care home fees video
Council Care Homes Funding For Care

Council Care Homes – Who Pays for What?

If you are, or know somebody who is considering the possibility of moving into a care home, it’s important you receive all the relevant and accurate information you need before making any final decisions. Here at Continuing Healthcare Direct, our friendly advisors are happy to help and answer any questions you may have, so don’t hesitate and contact us today!

There are a variety of different care homes all around the UK therefore it’s essential that you take your time when choosing the right one best suited to your assessed needs. There are care homes offering personal care, care homes with additional nursing care, care homes designed to care for individuals with specific care needs such as dementia and dual-registered care homes that cater for residents needing either personal or nursing care. These care homes can be council run, or ran by private companies and voluntary organisations however, councils do not run nursing homes.

Council care homes can be expensive and figuring out a way to cover these costs can be a stressful time for any individual, completing a care assessment may help you receive funding that will cover all care expenses in full! In addition to this, you will be given a clear list of all your care needs and information, helping you to find the most suitable care home for you as an individual.

Funding Available to Help Cover the Costs of Council Care Homes

Are you aware that you could be one of so many people entitled to receive funding that will cover all of your continuing healthcare needs? You could be entitled to NHS funding, covering all healthcare needs and costs through a care package provided called Continuing Healthcare, this covers care costs in full where an individuals need for care is primarily a health need. The care can be received at home or within a care home, including council care homes.

Determining the right form of care for you is important and finding the money to be able to provide the correct care can be challenging. If you are eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare funding, you could save a significant amount of money on council care homes and other expenses.

With the costs of care homes dependent on the level of support an individual may need, it is important to get an accurate assessment in order to be able to provide the right type of care for you. To find out if you or a loved one are eligible, call us on 0800 049 2062 and speak to one of our professional team to start your assessment today or complete our FREE online assessment and we will contact you.